The new Yamaha MOX6 synthesizer combines the Motif XS sound engine, 1217 voices and 355MB of waveforms, thousands of arpeggiator patterns, sequencer, MIDI controller functions, and advanced USB audio computer integration together in one, lightweight professional keyboard. Add to that all the other features and an affordable price, and you’ve got a very powerful synthesizer workstation.
With the introduction of the new Yamaha MOX synthesizers, Yamaha has once again “upped the ante” in the world of synthesizers. Yamaha has a long history of making great sounding and feature laden synths - even before the DX7 in 1983 - and that history continues today with the introduction of the new Yamaha MOX Music Production Synthesizers, MOX8
. and MOX6.
These two synths are identical except for the number and type of keys. The MOX8 features the Yamaha Graded Hammer Standard action, and the MOX6 has a newly developed 61 key semi-weighted keyboard action that has been designed and adjusted so that you easily and expressively play the rich variety of different sounds in the instrument. They weigh in at 32.6 pounds and 15.4 pounds respectively and are truly portable, weighing 50% less than the comparable Motif models!
All the sounds you’ll need for both live performance and music production are contained in the MOX6. It has the same 1217 sounds as the MOTIF XS and covers a wide variety of music styles, including Yamaha’s Concert Grand Piano CF3 grand piano sound.
The MOX6 also includes all the acoustic instrument sounds (strings, brass, guitar, bass, drums and more) that made the Motif XS so popular. If you want to be creative, you have the 8 element voices, 18 different filter types and extensive effects section for creating the vintage analog and modern digital synthesizer sounds that are so popular today.
In Performance Mode you can combine up to 4 parts and play them on one MIDI channel. This lets you have dynamic layered sounds or solos along with drums and bass backing tracks. When you use the arpeggiator, even playing simple chords will change what you’re playing creatively. The MOX has 256 preset performances in a wide variety of music style (Rock, World, Hip Hop Jazz, etc).
To make finding a sound (voice) quick and easy, Yamaha developed the Category search mode. It’s for the “church lady” or someone who is intimidated by multiple buttons and knobs. It has 16 different instrument categories with sub-categories to get the sound you need. With the Performance Creator (a new feature taken from the S90XS, you can easily build up layer or split Performances by a single button press. Start with a Voice you like, press LAYER and a suitable layer sound will be chosen. Press SPLIT and a left hand Bass sound is called up automatically. Go to DRUM ASSIGN and you can play along with the dozens of built-in drum patterns.
The sequencer in the MOX6 features both real-time recording and step recording. It lets you produce high-quality music productions without the need for a computer or any other external devices. You can even use Performances in your sequences to produce a complete song quickly, and easily edit and refine your song as you go.
With the MOX6, you get the high-quality Yamaha effects. Not some noisy effect from a guitar pedal, but the effects found on Yamaha’s digital recording consoles. MOX also includes the award-winning REV-X reverb, the same professional reverb found in the SPX2000.
The MOX6 has a built-in 4-in 2-out USB audio interface so you can record MOX’s internal sound directly to your computer. Two dedicated audio inputs can be used to record guitars and vocals into your computer. Compatible with all the major DAWs including Cubase, ProTools, MOTU, and Sonar (in fact any program that support ASIO drivers), you can digitally record the sounds of the MOX and anything connected to the stereo analog inputs directly to your favorite DAW. Not only for music production, the USB connectivity and in-depth keyboard controller functionality lets you also playback and control your VST soft synths via the audio outputs of your MOX, allowing you to easily integrate VSTs into your live stage shows with no extra gear -- just add computer and play.
The MOX6 comes bundled with a 48-track version of Steinberg’s Cubase AI software, Prologue, Steinberg’s VA soft synth for vintage analog synth sounds and a new Yamaha Organ YC-3B “Clonewheel” organ emulation VST. (The installer package of Soft synthesizers is available at yamahasynth.com) Dedicated Editor Software lets you easily edit your MOX just like a soft synthesizer. In fact, by using the MOX Editor VST, you can turn the MOX into a hardware accelerated VSTi. Combined with Media Bay in Cubase, you can categorize and select MOX’s sound from a unified universal library of all your VST sounds. There is even a special editor for setting up the MIDI keyboard controls and remote functions.
The MOX6 is the latest and best example of Yamaha’s commitment to integrating their keyboards into the computer music production environment. Don't be left behind, order yours today!
- Motif XS synth engine with 18 filter types
- Virtual Circuit Modeling for replication of vintage effects
- Realistic acoustic instruments and exotic synth sounds using XA (Expanded Articulation)
- Instant access to voices using Category Search
- 1217 voices and 355MB of waveforms (from Motif XS)
- 6720 arpeggiator patterns and 4 part interactive arpeggio engine from Motif XS
- 256 performances and Performance Creator for easy setting of splits, layers, and drum parts
- Comprehnesive song and pattern sequencer including step recording, and Direct Performance recording of you performances into the sequencer
- Works as a MIDI keyboard controller so you can control DAW’s and VST’s
- Integrated 4 in/2 out USB Audio interface to create music with your PC; works with any ASIO based software (Pro Tools, Cubase, Sonar, Logic, Digital Performer)
- Free software included: Cubase AI5 (48 track DAW software), Yamaha YC-3B organ soft synth, and Steinberg Prologue analog modeling soft synth (activation required)
- The MOX editor turns your MOX into a VSTi plug-in
- MOX8 has the 88 key Yamaha Graded Hammer Standard action, and weighs only 32.6 pounds
- MOX6 has a newly developed 61 key semi weighted keyboard action, and weighs 15.4 pounds
- Ships in May 2011; MOX6 $1,199.99, MOX8 $1,699.99