Yamaha CP73 & CP88 Digital Pianos
January 15, 2019 – Yamaha just announced two new digital pianos, the CP73 and CP88 Stage Pianos. They feature authentic acoustic and electric piano sounds, realistic piano touch and an easy to use interface.
These new digital pianos, designed from scratch, feature some of Yamaha’s best piano voices, and a new, redesigned user interface. Yamaha went back to the ’70s when they were choosing model numbers for these new pianos, because they mirror the monikers of the analog CP30 electric piano and CP70 electric grand of the late 1970’s.
The sampled voices from these new stage pianos are derived from the Yamaha CFX and Bosendorfer Imperial pianos, two of the finest concert grand pianos available today. The new design contains three main sections, Piano, Electric Piano and Sub, and each section can be combined or split in various combinations.
The three main sections are arranged in a simple to use interface that eliminates menu diving, while independent sound selection – volume, tone, on/off, split, and octave-shift controls – make creating performance setups an easy task. These Setups can be saved as Live Sets, instantly accessed by eight buttons, and the real-time controls make adjusting to the song-set hassle free. Another cool feature, the Advanced Mode allows you to split and layer voice combinations your choice.
Important features include:
• Three premium grand pianos: CFX, S700 and Bösendorfer Imperial 290
• Two upright piano Voices: vintage U1 and flagship SU7
• Five electric pianos for covering all music genres back to the 1970s
• Yamaha CP OS updates enhance features and add new instrument Voices
• CP OS v1.1 adds 67 Rd (Bright and Dark), Wide Wr & Yamaha C7 grand piano Voices
• Dedicated effects and effect controls for each Section (Piano, E Piano and Sub)
• Master delay, reverb and EQ effects with dedicated realtime controls
• Soundmondo social sound sharing gives access to thousands of free sounds
• Seamless Sound Switching: change sounds while holding notes without sound cutoff
• Balanced Hammer 73-note action designed for playing electric pianos (CP73)
• One-to-one UI for direct sound control during stage or studio performance
• 2 Ch. USB Audio/MIDI Interface for audio recording and playback & MIDI control
• Balanced XLR & unbalanced ¼” stereo outputs covers a wide-range of connectivity
• Four-zone Master Keyboard mode lets you control external hardware and software
• Dual 1/4″ AUX line inputs connects second keyboards, mobile devices and more
Yamaha CP88 Soft Case
Yamaha CP73 Soft Case
Yamaha YDP-144R Digital Piano
Yamaha YDP-144B Digital Piano