The BOSS KATANA 50 guitar amplifier is built for guitarists who are serious about their tone! With 50 watts of power and a custom 12-inch speaker, the Katana 50 guitar combo amp delivers a commanding range of tones that can slice through any bands instrumentation. It offers exceptional tone and touch response for gig, and with the five delectable amp models, it has the power and expressiveness to meet any playing situation.
The Katana-50’s five amp types offer everything from organic vintage tones to modern high-gain sounds. Clean is natural and transparent, while Crunch offers satisfying grit and response. Lead has a wide gain range to suit many styles, from fat, stinging blues solos to fluid legato shredding.
With DNA inherited from the Waza amp, Brown delivers refined high-gain tone sought after by the world’s greatest rock players. The Acoustic character further enhances the Katana’s versatility, providing optimized tone that makes acoustic-electric guitars sound stunningly natural.
With its built-in BOSS effects and ability to recall Tone Settings, the Katana-50 lets you perform anywhere with just a guitar and amp. Connecting to BOSS Tone Studio via USB provides access to 55 effects that are fully adaptable to your needs. Going beyond standard distortion, delay, and reverb, the selection also includes powerful tone-shapers like pitch shifting, ring mod, slicer, and more.
You can load 15 different effects in the amp at one time and use up to three simultaneously. Four Tone Settings let you store custom amp and effects setups for instant recall, and you can always jump to the current panel settings at the touch of a button. It’s also possible to connect optional footswitches and expression pedals for hands-free control on the gig.
While the Katana-50 includes many advanced features, it’s simple to operate. Dedicated knobs for multiple gain stages, three-band EQ, and presence allow you to quickly dial in your tone by ear, just as you would with a standard tube amp. Essential effects parameters are adjusted with a simple knob twist, and memories can be stored with a brief button hold.
The Power Control is great for throttling back the volume for small stages and home playing, and also includes a Standby setting that mutes the sound for switching guitars or taking breaks. And by flipping out the integrated tilt stand, you can easily angle the amp back for better sound projection.
At the BOSS TONE CENTRAL website, you’ll find numerous free amp and effects setups for the Katana series created by professional guitarists. These setups provide ready-to-play sounds for various music styles, and make great starting points for building your own sounds.
The setups load into the Katana memory via the BOSS Tone Studio editor software. In addition to Katana effects selection and customization, BOSS Tone Studio gives you a convenient way to organize all your Katana setups for different gigs, recordings, and practice sessions.
At Andy's Music, a NAMM TOP 100 Dealer, there's no-off season when it comes to saving you money. We eliminate the worry and fear of shopping online. Family owned and operated since 1977.
BOSS Katana 50 Guitar Combo Amp Features:
- 50-watt guitar combo amp, custom 12-inch speaker
- Five amp models: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitars)
- Customizable effects and effect routing configurations with the BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- Dedicated gain, EQ, and effects controls for adjusting sounds quickly
- Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Built-in tilt stand for optimal monitoring and sound projection
Katana Version 2 Newly Added Features
- Tone Setting memories increased from two to four (two banks of two)
- Access to 58 total effects (SDE-3000 delay, Phaser 90E, and Flanger 117E types added)
- Full-time channel and global parametric EQs for refined tone shaping
- Three Cabinet Resonance types adjust the interaction between the amp’s output section and speaker, enabling you to fine-tune the feel and tone of the amp
- Cabinet simulation on the line, USB, and phones/recording outputs enhanced with three Air Feel settings for adding depth and dimension to direct tones
- Reverb section now supports delay and delay-plus-reverb in addition to reverb only
- 18-9/16 W x 9-3/8 D x 15-11/16 H
- Weight: 25 lbs. 10 oz.
Help Others! Write a Review Today!
There are no reviews for this product.
If you've already purchased this product, we hope you have a moment to write a short review. When you take the time to write a review, you help millions of customers make a better buying decision! If you've ever read a customer review, then you know how helpful they can be when deciding to place an order! Please take a moment and write a review. You never know who you are helping in the process!
Watch videos about the BOSS Katana 50 Guitar Combo Amp:
The BOSS Katana 50 Guitar Combo Amp is also available in the versions below: