The new Yamaha CP73 digital piano has been designed from scratch and features some of Yamaha's best piano voices, and a new, redesigned user interface. Yamaha must have gone back to the '70s looking for a model number for this new piano because the moniker mirrors the analog CP30 electric piano and CP70 electric grand of the late 1970s.
The sampled voices from these new stage pianos are derived from the Yamaha CFX and Bosendorfer Imperial pianos, two of the finest concert grand pianos available today. The new design contains three main sections; Piano, Electric Piano and Sub, and each section can be combined or split in various combinations.
The Balanced Hammer action of the CP73 has a familiar touch and feel that is similar to other Yamaha digital pianos, while the CP88 features a Natural Wood, triple sensor action and Synthetic Ebony and Ivory key tops that provide an improved playing experience. Both models feature lightweight aluminum construction but can stand up to whatever the road has to offer.
The three main sections are arranged in a simple to use interface that eliminates menu diving, while independent sound selection - volume, tone, on/off, split, and octave-shift controls - make creating performance setups an easy task. These Setups can be saved as Live Sets, instantly accessed by eight buttons, and the real-time controls make adjusting to the song-set hassle-free. Another cool feature, the Advanced Mode allows you to split and layer voice combinations your choice.
The Electric Piano section features all the great electric piano sounds that we've come to know and love from the early '50s and '60s, including the legendary Rhodes®, Wurlitzer®, and Clavinet® keyboards, but without the aggravation and mechanical problems of tines and reeds. From Ray Charles to Stevie Wonder and all the best of the past, the CP73 and CP88 have got you covered.
The Subsection includes other voices like strings, pads, organs, chromatic percussion, and other sounds suited for layering. A rotary speaker simulation is included and classic organist will appreciate. Synth-like attack and release controls provide further sonic sculpting.
Seamless Sound Switching - notes continue to play even when a new voice is selected - is an impotent feature that provides seamless music while changing from one voice or performance to another; no sudden or abrupt changes in your music.
The outputs of this new digital piano are definitely professional-grade and include 1/4" and balanced XLR outputs for connecting to audio mixers via a direct box or snake. Left and right 1/4" inputs have their own gain control, bringing a second keyboard through the CP’s main outputs without the need for a mixer. The internal Flash memory, the CP73, and CP88 are expandable and permits the addition of new voices as well as OS updates.
The new Yamaha CP 73 Stage Piano continues the legacy of Yamaha digital pianos from the past: great tone and legendary dependability. Call Andy’s and order yours today.
Andy’s Music has been selling, servicing and promoting Yamaha keyboards since 1977. If you have questions about a Yamaha digital piano, give us a call and ask for the “old man”.
Yamaha CP73 Stage Piano Features:
- Three premium grand pianos: CFX, S700 and Bösendorfer Imperial 290
- Two upright piano Voices: vintage U1 and flagship SU7
- Five electric pianos for covering all music genres back to the 1970s
- Yamaha CP OS updates enhance features and add new instrument Voices
- CP OS v1.1 adds 67 Rd (Bright and Dark), Wide Wr & Yamaha C7 grand piano Voices
- Dedicated effects and effect controls for each Section (Piano, E Piano, and Sub)
- Master delay, reverb and EQ effects with dedicated real-time controls
- Soundmondo social sound sharing gives access to thousands of free sounds
- Seamless Sound Switching: change sounds while holding notes without sound cutoff
- 73-note Balanced Hammer Action designed for electric pianos
- One-to-one UI for direct sound control during stage or studio performance
- 2 Ch. USB Audio/MIDI Interface for audio recording and playback & MIDI control
- Balanced XLR & unbalanced ¼” stereo outputs cover a wide range of connectivity
- Four-zone Master Keyboard mode lets you control external hardware and software
- Dual 1/4" AUX line inputs connect second keyboards, mobile devices and more
Help Others! Write a Review Today!
There are no reviews for this product.
If you've already purchased this product, we hope you have a moment to write a short review. When you take the time to write a review, you help millions of customers make a better buying decision! If you've ever read a customer review, then you know how helpful they can be when deciding to place an order! Please take a moment and write a review. You never know who you are helping in the process!
The Yamaha CP73 Stage Piano is also available in the versions below: