The Peavey SP2-BX PA speaker is newly redesigned and features updated technology for better performance and value.
The Peavey SP2 PA speaker features Peavey's patented Black Widow loudspeaker, rated from 1000 Watts to 2000 Watts peak power, with field-replaceable baskets for quick, easy repair. The SP2 enclosure also features Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology, which dramatically reduces horn distortion and produces a clearer sound. Peavey has applied this patented technology using the new Quadratic Horns, which aim sound directly at the audience, and not over their heads.
The enclosure is made of Aspen hardwood plywood, with internal bracing that produces tighter bass response while reducing weight. The SP2 speaker also includes 1/4" and Neutrik Speakon connectors, plus an exclusive switchable Speakon connector for bi-amp (plug and play). The Peavey SP2 also features the RX22 compression driver with ferrofluid cooling, built-in stand-mount adapters. The enclosure is constructed of a hardwood panel coated with Peavey’s heavy-duty HammerHead UV stabilized polyurea finish for increased durability and ruggedness.
Peavey SP Series enclosures have been a live sound standard for more than three decades and are ideal for all styles music. While they've earned their reputation for dependability by logging in countless hours in live music clubs and other performance venues, SP Series enclosures are equally effective for pre-recorded audio and multi-purpose use. With this radical update, Peavey has made its much-lauded SP Series even louder, lighter and clearer than ever.
Peavey speaker enclosures are covered by a 3 year limited warranty. You can add an additional two years by completing and returning the warranty card.
Peavey SP2 PA Speaker Features:
- 2-way full-range, bi-ampable sound reinforcement system
- RX(tm)22 compression driver with ferrofluid cooling
- 15 inch BWX Black Widow(r) 4 inch voice coil woofer
- 1000 watts program, 2000 watts peak
- 54 Hz to 17 kHz
- Patented Asymmetrical Quadratic Throat Waveguide(tm) technology
- Asymmetrical horn aim their coverage patterns 10 degrees upward and 30 degrees downwarddirecting sound to your audience, not over their heads.
- Patented Radialinear Planar Phase Correction System
- Sound Guard(tm) III tweeter protection
- Full-range inputs include a Neutrik(r) Speakon(r) 4 pin jack and two 1/4 inch phone jacks
- Bi-amp input via 4-pin switching Neutrik Speakon
- Trapezoidal enclosure
- Hardwood panel coated with Peavey’s heavy-duty HammerHead finish
- Stand-mount adapter
- Weight: 83 lbs.
- Front dimensions: H 31.19" x W 20.6" x D 23.62"
- Warranty: 3 + 2 years (when warranty card is returned to Peavey)
Help Others! Write a Review Today!
There are no reviews for this product.
If you've already purchased this product, we hope you have a moment to write a short review. When you take the time to write a review, you help millions of customers make a better buying decision! If you've ever read a customer review, then you know how helpful they can be when deciding to place an order! Please take a moment and write a review. You never know who you are helping in the process!