Mobile, AL (November 12, 2020) — Andy’s Music in Mobile, Alabama has once again been named one of the Top 100 musical instrument retailers in the U.S. Andy’s has been honored with this prestigious award eight times since 2011.
Now in its tenth year, the annual awards honor music retailers who demonstrate exceptional commitment to their stores, neighborhoods, and customers and share in a vision of creating a more musical world through their local communities.
“To be an eight-time winner is definitely an honor, and our dedicated staff made this happen,” said James Andrews, Vice President, at Andy’s Music Inc.
The Top 100 designation recognizes:
- A demonstrated commitment to exceptional customer service
- Proven community advocacy and support for music education
- An exemplary retail experience worth returning for and recommending to others
- Merchandising and marketing tactics that encourage repeat sales
- Sound planning for future success, employing marketing and training initiatives
- Engaging and effective use of web and social media
Dubbed the "Retail Oscars" by Music Inc. magazine, the Top 100 Dealer Awards spotlights the industry's very best music product retailers and shares their strategies for success. Businesses vying for Top 100 status are evaluated for their innovative approaches to retail and for employing effective strategies in marketing and customer engagement. An independent panel of judges carefully reviews entries to determine winners in each category and to select the Dealer of the Year.
Brother and sister, James Andrews and Linsey Andrews Abraham, are fourth-generation merchants. Their great-grandfather Christos Andreoglou, who emigrated from Smyrna, Greece in 1910, had a general store and tavern on Bloodgood Street in Mobile. Their grandfather Jimmy had a restaurant, Andy’s Grill on Broad Street. Their father Jimmy started Andy’s Music in 1977.