The new Yamaha FGX3 is part of the Red Label Series from Yamaha, first launched in 1966. This new series blends vintage designs with modern technology that refines the sound using cutting-edge acoustic analysis tools.
Standout features of the FGX3
* All solid construction using select tonewoods
* Yamaha Atmosfeel
multi-element pickup and preamp system
* A.R.E. to produce powerful and balanced vintage tones
* New scalloped bracing pattern
* 1960s aesthetics and modern craftsmanship
The aged tonewoods of classic guitars become more resonant over time and vibrate more freely, producing a sound we hear as louder and more powerful. This is the tone the FGX3 is designed to produce.
Acoustic Resonance Enhancement (A.R.E.) is the technology Yamaha uses to get the vintage tones from their new guitars. This process uses heat, humidity, and pressure on the top to accelerate the aging of the wood. It's non-chemical, environmentally friendly and produces vintage tones on a new instrument!
The Yamaha FGX3 acoustic electric Red Label guitar is one of the first guitars to feature Atmosfeel, a new 3-way pickup, and preamp system. It uses an under saddle pickup for the low frequencies, an internal mic for lows and mids, and a totally new contact sensor that's extremely sensitive to vibrations for the high frequencies. The Atmosfeel system, with its multiple element pickup arrangement, produces smooth and natural acoustic tones and sets the Yamaha FGX3 guitar apart from all others in its price range!
Recreating a classic is always a challenge, but the new Red Label Yamaha FGX3 hits the mark. It sets the standard of what a Yamaha guitar is, in terms of tone, style and build quality and defines what it takes to build a great sounding guitar.
Andy's Music, a 7X winner of the NAMM TOP 100 Dealer Award, has been an authorized Yamaha dealer continuously since 1977 and is one of the original Yamaha Rosewood Dealers. Rosewood Dealers are a select group of music retailers who specialize in Yamaha guitars. If you have questions about a Yamaha product, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Yamaha FGX3 Red Label Acoustic Electric Guitar Features:
- Dreadnought body
- Solid Sitka Spruce top with new scalloped FG bracing pattern
- Yamaha Atmosfeel multiple element pickup and preamp system
- Master volume, mic blend, bass EQ controls
- Acoustic Resonance Enhancement (A.R.E. ) imparts the sound and sustain of aged wood
- Solid Mahogany back and sides
- 20 fret African Mahogany neck with 1960s style headstock
- Ebony fingerboard with dot inlays
- Ebony bridge with black bridge pins
- 15 3/4" fingerboard radius
- 25" scale length
- Black and white body binding
- Chrome open gear
- Black pickguard
- Semi-gloss natural finish
- Matte finish on the neck
- Includes hard bag
- Elixir NANOWEB 80/20 Bronze Light
Help Others! Write a Review Today!
There are no reviews for this product.
If you've already purchased this product, we hope you have a moment to write a short review. When you take the time to write a review, you help millions of customers make a better buying decision! If you've ever read a customer review, then you know how helpful they can be when deciding to place an order! Please take a moment and write a review. You never know who you are helping in the process!