BOSS SY-1 Guitar Synthesizer Pedal
Shipping & Condition
Orders are typically prepared for shipment six days a week. Our goal is to ship orders the same day, if the order is placed before 1 PM CST on a weekday. Due to the value of many of our products, a Delivery Signature is typically required.
Most products on our website are new. We also occasionally sell demo or blemished products. These items will be labeled accordingly on our website. For definitions of the different products conditions please click here.
If this is a gift for someone special, please keep in mind that most items arrive in packaging that reveals what's inside.
BOSS SY-1 Guitar Synthesizer Pedal
The BOSS SY-1 guitar synthesizer pedal transforms your guitar or bass into a versatile synthesizer that’s fun, exciting, and ready to play. You don’t need any special background in synth programming to bring a new world of musical texture to your music.
The SY1 synth pedal features 11 categories with 121 analog-style synthesizer sounds and occupies minimal space on your pedalboard. All of the sounds are polyphonic, allowing you to play both chords and single notes.
Thanks to the latest BOSS innovations, the SY-1 offers latency-free performance that lets you play freely without altering your playing style in any way. All this without requiring any special pickup system. Expressive leads, sweeping pads, layered organs, fat basses, and more are all on tap, plus a variety of rhythmic synth patterns that are fun to jam with.
SY1 Sound Types
• LEAD 1/2—A wide range of sounds suitable for single-note soloing
• PAD—Full tones that work great with chords, from layered pads to synth brass and more
• BASS—Fat synth bass sounds, including filtered and sub-octave tones
• STR—Classic analog-style strings, including layered voices and sweeping textures
• ORGAN—A large selection of organ sounds, including many with rotary-style modulation
• BELL—Percussive synth sounds with metallic resonance
• SFX 1/2—A variety of synth sound effects, including explosive one-shot sounds, animated pitch/filter voices, and more
• SEQ 1/2—Pulsating sounds with rhythmic pitch or filter changes
You can insert the SY-1 pedal in your pedalboard just like any other effects pedal. For example, you can patch drive pedals in the effects loop, and then send the combined output to modulation, delay, and reverb pedals for overall processing. The send can be used as a direct out as well, enabling you to route synth and guitar sounds to separate destinations.
Additionally, you can connect an external footswitch for tap tempo and octave-shift effects, or plug in an expression pedal for continuous tone/rate control. Your creative possibilities are almost endless.
The BOSS SY-1 guitar synthesizer pedal gives you multiple ways to make your guitar performances dynamic, expressive, and enjoyable. It helps take your musicality to the next level. Add it to the cart and get yours on its way.
Andy's Music, a NAMM TOP 100 Dealer, is a family business with family values serving musicians, schools, and houses of worship on the Gulf Coast. Keeping the gift of music alive since 1977.
BOSS SY1 Guitar Synthesizer Specs
- Polyphonic guitar synth in a compact effects pedal chassis
- No special pickup required
- Latency-free performance for unrestricted musical expression
- 121 total sounds with 11 types and 11 variations
- Includes analog-style synth sounds, from leads, basses, and layered organs to sweeping pads and arpeggiated sequences
- Quickly adjust sounds to taste with Tone/Rate and Depth controls
- Hold function for playing normal guitar over sustained synth voices
- Blend synth and normal guitar sound with independent level controls
- Parallel send/return loop for easy integration with other pedals on your board
- Mode switch optimizes the synth engine for guitar or bass
- Supports extended control with an external footswitch or expression pedal
- Uses BOSS PSA series power adapter (not included)