The new Yamaha DGX670 Portable Grand digital piano is the latest addition to the acclaimed DGX Portable Grand series that debuted back in 2000 with the announcement of the GX-76 portable grand keyboard.
The DGX-670 digital piano replaces the top-selling DGX-660 and features a modern, attractive design with a simplified user interface. It features a full, 88-note weighted action keyboard with exceptional playability, accurate sound, and visual appeal, making it ideal for any keyboardist, from beginner to professional.
GRADED HAMMER ACTION
Piano teachers will tell you that one of the most important features of a keyboard is a weighted action, and the DGX-670 features Yamaha's Graded Hammer Standard keyboard. This action emulates that of an acoustic piano - the low keys have a heavier response and the high keys have a lighter response. Additionally, the special matte black key tops are designed to absorb moisture and remain tactile after extended use without becoming slippery.
REALISTIC STEREO SAMPLING
Yamaha keyboards have many excellent attributes, and one of the most important is the authentic tone quality of the instruments, particularly the acoustic piano. As a result, the DGX-670 offers excellent samples of Yamaha's flagship 9-foot concert grand piano, the CFX. This sample provides superior tone across the entire dynamic range of the instrument.
With the new Smart Chord feature, it's easy to play "expensive" chords with a single finger. Using just one finger, you can start the playback of rhythm and accompaniment patterns from various musical genres. Play children's favorite tunes and bring smiles to their faces. When the child is old enough, it will be their turn to entertain the parents with their favorite tunes.
Featuring a modern body style with curved edges, the DGX-670 has been totally redesigned and differs from the DGX660 which had a common rectangular body shape. Thanks to a new full-color LCD screen and user interface, the operation of a wide selection of functions is made quick and easy. Also on the front panel, the DGX-670 has enlarged buttons that provide a comfortable and pleasing feel without taking up too much space.
A 1/4" microphone input allows you to connect a microphone so that you can sing along while you play. You'll hear your voice through the instrument's speaker system and anything the microphone picks up can also be recorded to USB audio. Pair this feature with the You Are the Artist series sheet music and MIDI files, and you’ll be the star of your own show!
Improvements in the DGX670 over the DGX660, include Yamaha's CFX Stereo Sampling, 601 Voices + 29 Drum/SFX Kits, updated user interface, Adaptive Style, and Simple Style, Unison and Accent Function, Smart Chord, Bluetooth audio, and much more.
The Yamaha DGX-670 Portable Grand digital piano is one of the most full-featured and best sounding digital pianos available today. It's legendary Yamaha build quality and DGX heritage ensure it will provide you with many years of playing enjoyment. Add it to the cart and get yours on the way.
Andy's Music, a family business with family values, and an 8X time winner of the prestigious NAMM TOP 100 Dealer Award, has been an authorized Yamaha dealer continuously since 1977, servicing musicians, schools, and houses of worship on the Gulf Coast.
- CFX Stereo Sampling faithfully reproduces the sound of Yamaha's flagship CFX Full Concert Grand.
- GHS weighted action and special matte black keys
- Adaptive Style automatically shifts by changing your velocity and number of notes played
- Unison and Accent function add a doubled voice to your melody line and musical "hits" when you accent your notes.
- Smart Chord lets you play great-sounding chords from simple Pop triads to complex jazz 7th chords with just a few fingers.
- Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM) allows for vivid and richly-varied expression to reflect the limitless number of factors that create the sound of a concert grand piano.
- Super Articulation Voices intuitively reproduce the natural expressive nuances of non-keyboard instruments, allowing keyboard players to achieve realistic expression.
- Dual Mode lets you combine two Voices together, like piano and strings, for an inspiring new playing experience.
- 1/4" microphone input allows you to connect a microphone so you can sing along while you play, hear your voice through the instrument's speakers, and even record your performance to USB audio.
- Bluetooth adds modern functionality and accesses to the Yamaha Chord Tracker app